MSU honors lists include local students
From School Reports
Mississippi State University has released the President’s List and Dean’s List for the 2019 spring semester for Webster County.
Students on the President’s List achieved a 3.80 or better grade-point average, based on a 4.0 scale, while completing at least 12 semester hours of course work with no incomplete grades or grades lower than a C.
Dean’s List students achieved a grade-point average between 3.5 and 3.79, based on a 4.0 scale, while completing at least 12 semester hours of course work with no incomplete grades or grades lower than a C.
• Eupora: Khalil Keyshawn Cain, Khylar Branae Cain, Kallie Nichole Denley, Smith Vijay Pate, Drew Parker Richardson, Taylor Marlow South, Jessica Marie Surma, Allie G Whitaker
• Maben: Cody West Boland, Charles Colby Brand, Kerrigan E Clark, Taylor Elizabeth Davis, Josie Catherine Flake, Hannah Sue Huddleston, Jessie Shurlds
• Mantee: Reagan Michelle Poston
• Mathiston: Mari-Todd Stidham Brown, Holly Victoria Ellis, Karie Rashell Pinnix, Chandler Eugene Strickland, Mary Mae Turner
• Eupora: William Andrew Bailey, Keely Laine Cresap, Hanna E. Hood, Naomi Grace Lewis, Mitchell Reed Shaw, Kailee Tionne Woodard
• Maben: John Taylor Slay, Hannah Marie Vanderberg
• Mantee: Hanna E. Hood
• Mathiston: Hagen Files Jones
MSU announces local spring graduates
Mississippi State University has announced graduates for the 2019 spring term from Webster County.
Commencement ceremonies were May 2 and 3. More than 2,700 students received degrees at Humphrey Coliseum.
Honor graduates include all bachelor-degree candidates with exceptional scholastic averages and at least half the total required course hours earned at MSU. Their specific levels of recognition and the minimum required averages for each, based on a 4.0 scale, are summa cum laude, 3.80; magna cum laude, 3.60; and cum laude, 3.40.
The academic honors are recorded on the graduates’ diplomas and permanent records, as well as in the commencement program.
Local graduates by hometown were:
• Eupora: Vanessa Wells Beeson, College of Arts & Sciences, MA; Khalil Keyshawn Cain, College of Education, BS, (summa cum laude); Keely Laine Cresap, College of Education, BS, (magna cum laude); Breanna Renae Hunter, College of Ag. & Life Sciences, BS; Jamall Ladale Roby, College of Arts & Sciences, BS; Mitchell Reed Shaw, Adkerson School of Accountancy, BACC
• Maben: Jamie Allen Brooks, Adkerson School of Accountancy, MTX; Taylor Elizabeth Davis, College of Arts & Sciences, BS, (summa cum laude); Jessie Shurlds, College of Arts & Sciences, BA (summa cum laude); Savannah Olivia Sykes, College of Arts & Sciences, MA
• Mantee: Cassidy Rae Barton, Adkerson School of Accountancy, MPA
• Mathiston: Holly Victoria Ellis, College of Business, BBA; Carrie Ann McBride, Adkerson School of Accountancy, MTX; Joel Edmond Naron, College of Forest Resources, BS; Jasmeen Dionne Roberts, College of Arts & Sciences, BS; Ashton Brooke Smith, College of Veterinary Medicine, DVM; Cristina Faye Stevens, College of Education, MS