TUPELO, MISS. – The Mississippi Transportation Commission voted to approve several road construction projects for the Northern District during their meeting Tuesday, December 14th. The Commission also agreed to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding with the city of Oxford and Lafayette County for the funding, design and construction of improvements to the interchange of State Route 7 and University Avenue in Oxford.
“This continues our effort to improve the safety of State Route 7 from Benton County to Leflore County,” said Northern Transportation Commissioner John Caldwell. “We will continue to make upgrades to this highly traveled corridor.”
The bids awarded for the projects by the Commission are listed below.
- Mill & overlay of 7.5 miles on U.S. Highway 72 from State Route 2 to the end of the 5-Lane section & 1 mile on State Route 785 from US 72 to the concrete section north of Wick Street in Alcorn County. APAC Mississippi Inc., of Richland was awarded the $6.7 million contract.
- Work including grade, drain, bridge & pave 4-lane for 9 miles of the U.S. Highway 82 Greenville Bypass from State Route 1 to Leland in Washington County. Eutaw Construction Company, Inc. of Aberdeen received the $136 million contract.
- Intersection improvements on State Route 145 from the Natchez Trace to north of Birmingham Ridge Road in Lee County. Cook and Son, LLC of Smithville received the $1.3 million bid.
- Replacement of signs along U.S. Highway 278 / State Route 6 in District 2. Superior Traffic Control, LLC out of Christiana, Tennessee was awarded the $616,146.00 contract.
- Mill and overlay of 0.6 miles on State Route 8 from 0.25 miles north of the Calhoun City limits to the Stop Bar at SR 8 East in Calhoun County. Site Masters Construction, Inc. of Maben was awarded the $1.2 million contract.
For more information about these or other MDOT maintenance and construction projects, visit MDOTtraffic.com, download the free MDOT Traffic mobile app or like and follow @MississippiDOT on Facebook and Twitter.