During their meeting on Tuesday, November 19, the Louisville Board of Aldermen discussed the process of securing a loan from the Mississippi Development Authority which would be used for new construction projects at the Louisville-Winston County Airport.
The $276K loan would be used to bridge a gap until the Airport Authority receives funds from a $4.2M FAA grant at which time the City would be reimbursed.
The Board voted unanimously to adopt a resolution of intent, adopt a resolution of no protest, authorize legal notice publication for four weeks, and authorize payment to Clearwater Consultants for $50.8K, upon receipt of the funds.
In order to secure the Loan, the City and the Authority will execute and deliver to the MDA a Promissory Note.
In other action, the Board:
• Voted 5-0 to authorize payment of $78K to Trustmark for the 2016 GAN payment.
• Voted 5-0 acknowledge receipt of patrol car cameras from Gulfport Police Dept.
• Voted 5-0 to acknowledge the graduation and certification of Kylan Harris & James Mask from the MLEOTA Police Academy.
• Voted 5-0 to acknowledge two new volunteer firefighters: Broam Burnside & James Stalcup.
• Voted 5-0 to acknowledge receipt of an audit and to authorize notice of the audit in the Winston County Journal.
The Louisville Board of Aldermen meets on the first and third Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m.