Three new police officers took their Oath of Office at a regular meeting of the Louisville Board of Aldermen, on Tuesday, August 2. They are John Lilley, Ray Harrington, and LaTavia Knox. Lilley and Harrington were accompanied by their wives, Tiffany Lilley and Tasha Harrington, and Knox's mother, Wanda, was on hand for the ceremony.
Mayor Will Hill gave an update on Capital & Recovery Projects, which included the following action items which were all approved unanimously:
•MDOT-TAP Sidewalk Project on North Columbus #1 is complete.
•MDOT-TAP Sidewalk Project Safe Room Connectivity #2, right-of-way acquisition is underway.
• South Industrial Road Project:
• Near completion; shoulder work is left to be done.
• Authorize payment to Calvert Spradling Engineers for $5K (to be paid from SB 2002).
• Authorize payment to Calvert Spradling Engineers for $3K (to be paid from SB 2002).
• Authorize payment #3 to Phillips Contracting Co. for $175.5K.
• SAAW Grant Application Process:
• North Phase from Vance to Cagle is near completion. South Phase is in field work to prepare bid documents; timeline to bid is mid to late October.
• Approve Resolution selecting GTPDD to administer an ARC Grant for the Louisville Rail Park Project SAAW (Services not to exceed $30K; to derive from ARC funds of $6K, local matching funds of $24K).
• Authorize payment #2 to Phillips Contracting for $39.8K.
• Authorize payment for invoice #10404 for $821 to Calvert-Spradling Engineers.
• Authorize payment #3 to Phillips Contracting for $260.8K.
• Authorize payment for invoice #10540 for $4.9K to Calvert-Spradling Engineers.
• Industrial Building Improvements:
• Status Update: The project is in the final stage; next meeting will lead to close- out of the project. The new tenant is beginning to move into the facility. Total Project cost is $286.9K (federal share is $200K with local match of $86.9K).
• Authorize payment to Neel-Schaffer for Invoice# 1079920 for $17.7K.
• Authorize final payment to Neel-Schaffer for Invoice# 1080939 for $1.3K.
• Approve resolution to select GTPDD to administer the ARC Grant for Project #MS-20312 for $10K (ARC for $6K, local matching funds $4K).
• Authorize a request for cash from MDA.
• ARPA (American Rescue Plan Act):
• Status Update: Invested two rounds of funding with Trinity Investments.
• Action: Adopt a resolution authorizing the Mayor to execute those documents and agreements required in connection with the application for the American Rescue Plan Act Mississippi Municipality & County Water Infrastructure Grant (MCWI) Program through the Mississippi State Department of Environmental Quality and naming Mayor Will Hill as the authorized representative for the City of Louisville.
Under Code Enforcement issues, the Board voted unanimously to set hearings for:
• 60 McGee Street, owned by Charles Kupis.
• 17174 East Main, owned by Delores Matthews.
• 435 Metts Street, owned by Lighthorse Investments.
• Voted 5-0 to approve a resolution to adjudicate costs at 813 Metts Street, $12.4K.
In other action, the Board:
• Voted 5-0 to acknowledge the retirement of Ralph Thomas from the Street Department, effective Aug. 17, 2022.
• Voted 5-0 to acknowledge a Community Grant from Walmart, in the amount of
$1.5K, to Louisville Fire Department.
• Voted 5-0 to accept the resignation of Louisville Police Officer Antwon Plott, effective July 15, 2022.
• Voted 5-0 to hire Dylan Alford as a part-time police officer, rank of Patrolman,
$20.00/hour, effective Aug. 11, 2022.
• Voted 5-0 to adopt the Premium Pay Resolution for Public Safety.
• Voted 5-0 to authorize to advertise for bids for supplies for year October 2022- September 2023.
• Voted 5-0 to approve Docket of Claims, #11096-11438, $203K.
The Louisville Board of Aldermen meets on the first and third Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m.