A school bus fire at Nanih Waiya Attendance Center was due to an electrical shortage,
according to the State Fire Marshall.
The fire was reported on Sunday evening, October 17, at around 7:30 p.m., when a motorist
driving past the school noticed smoke coming from the bus. Nanih Waiya Fire Department
was dispatched, but by the time they arrived the bus was fully involved. County Fire
Investigator, Keith Alexander, responded to the scene, as well, and notified the State Fire
Marshall that night.
The State Fire Marshall responded to the scene the following day and after investigating
determined that the fire started under the hood of the bus, and that it was electrical.