The Webster County School Board held an executive session to discuss personnel and handled other matters at a previous meeting.
Superintendent Brian Jones presented an enrollment request from a parent on Dec. 10. Afterwards, records show, the board voted to consider going into executive session to discuss a request and then voted to go into executive session to discuss a personnel issue. No action was taken, according to the minutes.
Lara Bowman of The Enterprise updated the board on the status of the Appalachian Regional Commission POWER Grant awarded to Webster County and the ACT Work Ready Communities program.
Jim Ray, principal of East Webster High School, introduced Camden Chandler as the Webster County Board of Education Student of the Month for December.
Other action taken by the School Board on Dec. 10:
• Approved policy revisions recommended by the Mississippi School Boards Association that were tabled at a previous meeting.
• Accepted a bid from Beckwith Forestry Service for tree planting on 136 acres of 16th Section land. Beckwith’s bid of $160 an acre was the lower of two received.
• Approved a request from East Webster Elementary Principal Kim Stallings to implement a Junior Beta Club for fourth- and fifth-grade students.
• Approved a recommendation from Eupora Elementary Principal Chip Powell to hire Willie Mills as a custodian effective Dec. 17. The board did so after accepting a letter of resignation from Eugene Bingham, who retired from his position as custodian effective Dec. 17.
• Approved recommendations from the principals of Eupora Elementary School and East Webster High School to hire Carolyn Lamb and Nikki Ford as substitute teachers effective upon completion of background checks.
• Approved a recommendation from Technology Director Chris Shea to hire Amy Hubbard to teach Professional Development for Staff classes effective Jan 1. The board did so after approving a personnel action form from Shea indicating that Dionne Wolf declined to teach the classes as approved in November.
• Approved fundraiser requests from Eupora Elementary, fifth- and sixth-grade SHAPE, and DECA.
• Accepted various donations to EWHS athletics, the EWHS basketball program and EWHS band.